Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they good sled? weak points? Do they handle jumps and rough trail riding very good? what kind of shocks came stock for that year? Would it be a good idea to put a 141 under it and go mountain riding? Aslo how big of a deal is a tweaked bulkhead? sorry not much a snowmobile tech. Thanks for your help?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
The ZR was pretty good. They aren't the best at handling big jumps and rough trails compared to the ZR2 chassis. They came with Fox shocks which are recommended to be rebuilt every year.

·
Registered
282 Posts
but those 700 motors is why Cat quit making them,they made really good power and seem to shake a drive clutch apart about every 500 miles,we had a problem with what they called black gas around here (high sulphur content)and you couldnt keep big rod end bearings in them

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by 900geek
[br]but those 700 motors is why Cat quit making them,they made really good power and seem to shake a drive clutch apart about every 500 miles,we had a problem with what they called black gas around here (high sulphur content)and you couldnt keep big rod end bearings in them
I believe the clutch issue was a clutch problem within' itself. Some had the 5 post, they changed to a 9 post. I believe my numbers of posts are correct. I also think they changed them to 9 in '95 or '96.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts