Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a zr 580.. Cleaned the carbs with caarb cleaner and installed new jets.. Tuned the floats to factory specs and set the piloet and main jets to fac. specs. The sled with NO cloke will not start.. on FULL choke it starts right up with the throttle feathered. When the engine is cold the sled runs great with the exception of it slowly starting out. Once i am going, it runs great.. Lots of power and speed.. The primary clutch was rebuild with new camarms and weights. The book states that the idol should be between 1500 and 2000.. right now it idols below 1000 and when i try to idol it up.. it jumps to 5000. Not much of a leaway. After the sled has warmed up, it first starts to bog out on hills then bogs out all the time from stoped position to slowly taking off. One thought was that a seal was broken Or the fuel pump is on its way out.. On the fuel line, there seems to see a constant air bubble. when the line was disconnected and pumped, NO fuel was comming out. ANother thought was that the compression was off. We also think that maybe there is a little hole in one of the lines but are just stumped.. Another issue is the macnine sucks down the fuel. maybe 6-8 MPH where a 98 couger gets around 12 MPG. The muffler does leak alittle but at the connection to the box.. ANy help would be greatly appricated.. :)..
One last question is what do you think it will top out at? i was told by several dealers that it will do 110 to 115 but when i had the throttle hammered, it was doing aroind 90.. I do think that it need some work yet.. Thank you for any and all help that you may be able to give me in assistance in gettin my snowmobiling running with the 800's.. LOL

1 - 1 of 1 Posts