Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, Newbie here to the site. Having an issue with a 1996 indy 500. Just bought this thing for $300 with the intenions on parting it out. But as I was thinking about it, I thought this would be a good sled for my boy.

I get it to start up, sounds like it running on 1 cyl, after a bit (warms up) it seams to run fine. But i go to hit the throttle and it bogs down pretty bad like the plugs are shot. while playing with the throttle, and get the rpms up, it seams to run fine. At times it idles, but then dies. Planning on rebuilding the carbs. but wondering if there might be anything else that could be causing this.

Thanks for your help, Shawn

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
sounds like dirty carbs. clean them well and how old is the gas? if its old or has water in it it will run like poo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing i did was pull the old fuel,and put fresh in. I was really leaning towards the dirty carbs. thanks

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Sounds like a hell of a good deal. Unless something weird is goin on it sounds like textbook dirty carbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it from a buddy that used it as a spare sled, He hates the idea of putting things up forsale, (doesnt like dealing with people) so he keeps everything. needs windshield, new right side panel, and front shocks rebuilt or new ones. he did have rebuild the top end 600 miles ago. other than that, its really nice. Thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
dirty pilot jet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts