Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I broke my sled today. It looks like the gasket failed and dumped the chain case oil and smoked my chain at about 70 MPH crossing a large lake this afternoon. The case looks ok, but the gears are damaged and the chain is toast.

Question is do any of you know what was the stock gearing for this sled? I can count the teeth on my current sprockets, but I am not sure if they are stock or not.

Also once I get it cleaned up, if the case is toast also, how big of a deal is it to change the case out? I have never had to do that.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

·
Registered
187 Posts
Stock gearing is 21/39, 66 pitch chain. If you lost oil and smoked it that badly, you might want to consider rebuilding the entire thing, bearings, seals, gears, chain. Case should be ok, but dont go half way and only do half the parts. If you need info on how to replace all this stuff, just ask. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
start on ebay, looking for the whole thing, I seen a few for the xlt's, and they werent bad price. Shipping will be your only draw back, I doubt the case is bad, but definitely change out your lower bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts