Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this sled last season. Ran like a champ, nice smooth engagement and powerful acceleration.

This year it is very boggy until it gets moving and reved up. Once it is moving, everything seems normal. But if I punch it from a stand still it just bogs for a few seconds and then takes off and turns the track real good.

I installed a new belt, no difference. New Plugs, no difference. Drained the fuel and added new clean fuel with a bottle of ISO just for good measure, no difference....

Any ideas?
Tom

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Have you gone through and cleaned your carbs?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by SKSPolarisIndy
[br]Have you gone through and cleaned your carbs?
It is a EFI machine. I have cleaned carbs on other machines, but is there anything to clean on a EFI unit?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sorry about that, my bad. Forgot that the title stated that it was an EFI[:I] I'm not all that familiar with EFI machines, but I'm sure someone will chime in for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What did you do at the end of last season? I have learned from my 94 500 EFI SKS that it depends on how you summerize it. The best thing you can do at this point is to run a few tanks of fuel through it with SeaFoam in it to clean the injectors. Then see how it responds. Just my .02, hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Sounds like a weak battery. The battery is the only thing powering the efi at low rpms once it hits usually 4-5k it starts making enough power to run the efi. Give it a good charge or get a new battery and see what happens.

·
Registered
301 Posts
first, make sure the belt is good and adjusted correctly.
then, check your clutching.
the stock rmk has the following:

PRIMARY SPRING-CLUTCH, BLUE
WT/BUSH.ASM, 10 WHITE
SECONDARY SPRING, CLUTCH, RED
RAMP,DRIVEN, 36 DEGREE

also make sure the throtle bodies are in synch, idle is set at 1800rpm +/- 200rpm.

the battery and all connections must be good.

compression should be approx. 130psi.

adjust track tension to spec.
if you are not familiar with adjusting track tension on this suspension, check your owner's manual as it is not
the same as an older sks-style.

the '94- 500 efi models were not all that fast,
don't expect too much.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have to 100% agree with two points made on this thread. If it's an EFI and your bogging:
First- Check your battery- make sure it is fully charged.
Second- Be very careful how it's summerized. Bad news- they can gum up pretty easy. The good news- a tank or two of fresh gas with sea foam works wonders. Once it's good and warmed up take it on a few good high rpm runs (not to long now) to help blow it out.
You may want to pull the air box and throttle bodies off and make sure they are squeaky clean.

·
Registered
43 Posts
well i have 94 500EFI sks and i had some what the same problem and its because i had a blown head casket and it would bowg then when it got to a hier RPM it would be fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts