Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 1996 MXZ 583 and i was wondering what the best mods i could do to it to gain bottom end and set it up for a 600 m drag. does anyone know what a good clutch set up for my stock tra clutch? best way to gain traction? i currently have an aftermarket can and a more agressive clutch spring, studded track, and different gearing (if anyone knows great gearing for this sled please let me know). I was wondering about uni filters and ufo's Also thanx. any tricks to gain hp and bottom end et. thanx again

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Finely tune it
jetting, carb synchronized, shave your head to a 60 thou squish, be sure all is clean and in tip top shape, be sure you are revving at the given RPM at peak HP not under or over.

As far as a racing set up, try the racing thread

·
Registered
9 Posts
well for better traction, play around with the front limiting thats were you'll get most of your weight transfer and hole shot. you can also soften up the ride spring in the rear to instead of the recomended 2 to 3 inch settle when you sit on it is closer to 5 or 6 inches. you'll just have to see were it works best for you. for the rest of it just what the previous poster said. if your not looking at shaving the head then you've pretty much done what you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts