Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can simply run a jumper wire across the key switch terminals so that the handwarmers will work. I have no key for the sled and want the hand warmers to work for my wife this weekend. Just curious if I will cause any damage by doing this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The handwarmers are run through the key switch and I believe that since I have unplugged the key switch as a result the handwarmers are in turn disconnected. Hence if I run a jumper wire accross the key switch the hand warmers should work. Correct me if I am wrong, as I have not tried it yet. Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I lost the key to my '97 Indy 500 over the summer, simply unplug the ignition on the back there & everything will work fine... at least it does on my sled. Everything electrical works like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I did and yes everything works fine except the handwarmers. Remember this is a chinook Sled, not good old American Made Polaris. I run a couple polaris' and love em'...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would just disconnect the handwarmer wires from the ignition, then, and splice them together. Quick fix that you can put back to original once you get a key for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts