Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just rebuilt motor, new pistons and seals all the way through motor. cleaned carbs, rebuilt the fuel pump, replaced all the lines. the crank case keeps filling with gas but when carbs are off the floats on all seat properly. even dumping gas down cylinder wont get it to fire. got good blue spark and new plugs. got it to run once did 3 laps around house stoped to but warmer clothes on and it stalled and wont start again. when it was running ran great except at low rpms. out of ideas and need help any suggestions would be extremely helpful at this moment. ive rebuilt alot of skidoo motors and never had problems like this. HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
317 Posts
sounds flooded out, try draining the crank and cleaning off the plugs or throwing in some new ones, also it sounds like there's still a problem with you needle and seat or float adjustment so your going to need to open up your carbs and make sure they are perfectly clean. it only takes the tiniest bit of gunk in there to cause problems. and if you dont have one add an inline filter, and is it fouling the plugs and if so is it doing it on all the cylinders or just one? welcome to the site, good luck with the sled
-gaven

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have drained the case many times and pulled carb apart and checked to see that everything is clear and it allways is some times the plugs are wet and some times they are dry but they are always the same

·
Registered
910 Posts
my exciter was doing the same thing,it was the plunger on choke not closing off causing it to flood out,wore out choke cables

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would test the carbs when they are bolted on to the motor and put a pressure tester on the inlet when the bowls are full of fuel. Test your fuel pump pressure and then take that number and your carbs should hold at lest .5 psi more than your fuel pump. Make sure that your floats are floating and not stuck or sinking. I would make sure that you have your carbs adjusted properly as well. Making sure that your choke is seated, the air mixture is at the proper turns out, also make sure that you have the needle jets set in the carb properly. I have seen the same issue and one of the needles in the carbs were sticking out and holding the slide all of the way open. Take a look at your compression as well. Hope that this helps you out. Always take a step back and make sure that you have everything set up right. Take your time and things will show up that you might have forgot.

·
Registered
556 Posts
just rebuilt motor, new pistons and seals all the way through motor. cleaned carbs, rebuilt the fuel pump, replaced all the lines. the crank case keeps filling with gas but when carbs are off the floats on all seat properly. even dumping gas down cylinder wont get it to fire. got good blue spark and new plugs. got it to run once did 3 laps around house stoped to but warmer clothes on and it stalled and wont start again. when it was running ran great except at low rpms. out of ideas and need help any suggestions would be extremely helpful at this moment. ive rebuilt alot of skidoo motors and never had problems like this. HELP PLEASE
So, this may be a long-shot, but did you have the crank rebuilt? The reason i ask is because sometimes on these cranks they will slip after being pressed back together. This happens because there is no key way or pin to keep them in time. After they are pressed apart they never go back together as tight as they were before. This happened on my old XLT, she ran great then all of a sudden, no power and it wouldn't idle. when we pulled the plugs and checked the crank timing, PTO piston was perfect, mag and center were way off. We just junked the motor and replaced it with another one. Then sold the beast. I hope that's not your case though, because that means a whole motor rebuild again basically.

Edit: just noticed that this post died a LONG time ago. Did you get it running?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts