Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a spicket coming from the engine cases. It looks like a small vent or for a vent hose. It's at the top of the cases near middle cylinder base. What is this for? Should I run a tube from it and if so, where should the tube connect to?

2) Jetting, what do you reccomend for main jets on this model? 96 xcr600 sp?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
2 - look under your hood, or in your manual. there should be a jetting chart there...

-Dean

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I may be wrong here, and if I am I hope someone will correct me, but I believe the "spickot" you describe is where the pulse line from your fuel pump is suppose to attach. Find your fuel pump, there should be four hoses comming OUT of it. Three of them go to the carbs (one to each carb), and the forth should go to the crank case.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a fourth line from fuel pump that is going to crank case, but that line is larger and goes down lower into the cases. This spicket is at the top and smaller in diamenter.
I wish I had a manuel, thanks for the feedback.
Is there a site on the net showing microfish or something?

Also, anybody know if NGKb8es plugs ok? Hood says to use Champions

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I think it uses BR9ES, that's what most new sled's use, what do you Polaris guy's think.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes, BR9ES is the NGK plug my 96 XLT SP uses. (I just changed them this weekend, and BOY what a diff it made).

Also, I found a good site that kinda shows how the snowmobile is put together, not really a manual, but a good idea how things go back together once you tear into it..

http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1029770639-18834&P=Polaris-Snow

Originally posted by ZRT 600
[br]I think it uses BR9ES, that's what most new sled's use, what do you Polaris guy's think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts