Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idles at < 3000rpm and stalls. hesitates feul pickup before 4000rpm. runs smooth after 4000 rpm. which screws adjust what? and where are they located? any suggestions will be apreciated i think idle adjustment, but i have little experience with 2 stroke engines. thanks

· Registered
1,337 Posts
When was the last time the carbs were cleaned? I would start there before making any adjustments. Search term: carb cleaning. They are some pretty detailed threads. Make sure your pilot jets are clean. Blowing compressed air through them does not always ensure they are clean. Use a very fine wire. You should be able to see light from end to end.

Then search for synching carbs. That will tell you haw to have the carbs opening at the same time.

There is also a thread here that will give you the 96-98 service manual. I can't find it at the moment. If you can't come up with it, PM Ugly_old_Poo_kid. He will get you the link. It is virus free. This will give you the settings for your particular card. It will also explain what each circut of the carb does.

Post back with your results so that the guys can help with any other potentail problemns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.