Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top gear in the chaincase of my 96 Polaris Indy Trail Touring has worn out and I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement. Based on what I'm seeing, the existing gear has 20 teeth, 15 splines (on the inside) and the chain has 11 plates. I'm having a heck of a time finding a replacement for this on-line. It appears that the vast majority of top gear listings either have 13 splines or are "13W" which I'm assuming means a designed for a 13 plate chain which I'm guessing would be too wide for the 66 pin 11 plate chain that this comes with.

A local dealer suggested part # 3221066, which might be the correct part except that it is a 21 tooth. When I looked up the part it showed #3221065 which might be the 20 tooth sprocket, but the online listing says to 'contact the dealer'.

Anyway, it seems weird to me that there are no on-line options to just buy this gear directly. Am I missing something? Anyone know where I could buy this online? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nada eh? Well, even the local dealer is now telling me I can't get 3221066 or 3221065. I'm running out of options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts