Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
"Belt was on"?... Of course the belt was on!... You DONT need to rev it so high the clutch/belt engages!... Maybe 2500rpm, hat should do it... Try having the sled @ a 45 degree angle, that should be plenty... You'll need a stick, or a friend to keep the cab propped up.

C'mon bud, U GOT this!

·
Registered
378 Posts
There is a T in the cooling system. Look at the diagram of the cooling system. There might be a issue with something blocking the system at idle. I did have this issue with my 96 ultra sks. I took the T out of the system and then never had an over heating issue. I know those water pumps are a pain to keep up but make use that your idle is at spec as well. There might be an issue with the impeller as well. I know that it is not easy to rebuild those water pumps. Just make sure that the idle is at 1,900 rpm if is lower there can be an issue with the water not moving in the system at the right speed. Also how much snow is on the heat exchangers and how long is your sled idling. I hope that this might help you out. Let us know what helps you. Ed.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts