Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Vehicle Helmet Automotive exterior Car Bumper

Vehicle Snowmobile Racing Motorsport Sled

Vehicle Snowmobile Radio-controlled toy Sled Bobsleigh

http://fargo.craigslist.org/rvs/2639447268.html

3260 miles i would have to guess no more than 4000 and that is a very safe guess. I'm guessing because the speedometer doesn't work the odometer doesn't? i can't say that i know for sure if that's how they relate, but yea this snowmobile has only been ridden up and down the field probly for the past five years or so except a couple years ago when i took it out on the trails for a day. here is a couple pictures but they can only say so much....$750 is cool im looking to sell so if you want to come check it out and aren't satisfied ill be willing to negotiate. the snow hasn't fallen yet and thats probably why not many have called on it
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper

Coil spring Suspension part Suspension Auto part Shock absorber

Vehicle Motor vehicle Transport Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
564 Posts
its got the extra 10 suspension that is really good, classic wedge body style, and the 600 triples are good motors, If I lived near there I would snatch that up in a heartbeat. Your looking to buy this, or your selling this? I read the post, rough idle can be typical with triples cuuuuz the carbs need to b synced, or bad gas, but these carbs are simple. I've actually been looking for a sled just like this. GET IT parts are cheap, and simple to fix.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
if you could get it for like 800 i think it would be a decent deal. theyre good sleds with little maintnence. although there are some issues they have that you need to watch out for if you do get it

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
polaris91 said:
if you could get it for like 800 i think it would be a decent deal. theyre good sleds with little maintnence. although there are some issues they have that you need to watch out for if you do get it
like what??

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Look for an oil line going to the PTO bearing..

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's going to need a good cleaning for sure. New air box filter cover looks a little dingy too. Not a bad price tho. Grab it and give it some tlc!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
they are good sleds. but they have crank issues. all of the monoblock 600s do. it got better when they added an oil line to the pto bearing but it diddnt help entireley. i have seen those motors go for 10,000 miles with no crank issues but ive also seen a handfull of them lose the pto bearing around the 4-6,000 mile range.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Look for an oil line going to the PTO bearing..
AGREED, see if it has the oil line to the pto crank bearing. if it has it you got a good one or one that has been rebuilt at one time or worked on. if it doesnt have it and the sled runs good you can always install it yourself. its easy to do and i did it to my xlt and it had over 7k miles on it. then i blew a belt at WOT then it wrapped around my crank and took out my seal and thats how my motor burnt all the crank bearings. id buy it. throw a white cobra windshield on it, tune it up, register it and that would be a fun trail sled. great suspension too!

and i bought my 94 xlt for $400 from a guy because someone stole the hood when it was parked at a intersection chained to a pole. so sometimes you can get a deal if you look around for one. but looks like a good deal ive seen them go for around $400-$1500 depending on the condition.

just wanted to add that it looks like it has replaced fuel hose, aftermarket good hose clamps and it has ski skins and it looks like someone replaced the plug wires at one time. .looks like someone who had the sled took care of it. mechanicly. you can get a new seatcover for

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i drilled a hole in my crank case and i bought a brass intelt for a hose and pounded it in to hook up oil line look around in the how to section and you might get more info on it from other guys who have done it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Russell_PROX800 said:
Looks to be a decent deal...I had a 95 XCR....but it blew the crank...lack of PTO oil line like stated above..but sure was a running sob...
can i fix it if it breaks?? how does it run out of oil...??

is it a good sled to buy even if it doesnt have an oil line in it or not??

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
it dosent run out of oil. it just dosent get the amount that it really should. so the bearing eventually wears out causing slop in the crank which leads to other issues.

these pictures are from one of my buddys 95 xcrs that the bearing went bad in.
Auto part
Auto part Engine Vehicle

they can be fixed after they go. it usually consists of rebuilding the crank (new bearings) and usually when it goes it takes out a piston with it. but it is all easaly fixable, the only way to try and correct the issue is to take the motor apart and have the pto oil passage enlarged but i would have someone that knows what theyre doing do it.

otherwise theyre great sled i personally would not hesitate in buying it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
That sled has been on craigslist and ebay forever. I wouldnt give more than 500 for it. It looks like it been ridden hard and not maintained.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts