Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well looks like i might have a new sled maybe by tommorro a 96 xcr 600 and i still have my xlt but it looks alot better since the last pics iv uploaded

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Is the 96 xcr a special? If its the special, your going to get the MUCH, MUCH better 600 triple/triple engine. It puts out I think 116hp, unlike the wimpy 90 some hp the xlt monoblocks put out. Post up some pics! We just got rid of a 96 xcr special, sold the engine for 550 and the chassis for 300. They sound sweeet!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
Is the 96 xcr a special? If its the special, your going to get the MUCH, MUCH better 600 triple/triple engine. It puts out I think 116hp, unlike the wimpy 90 some hp the xlt monoblocks put out. Post up some pics! We just got rid of a 96 xcr special, sold the engine for 550 and the chassis for 300. They sound sweeet!
never got it i might be bringing home a 94 vmax 600 later today :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys are missing the point here of a back up sled!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
xcr 600 is a good sled but you need to figure out if is a mono block they are preety much junk if they are

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
frankinsled said:
xcr 600 is a good sled but you need to figure out if is a mono block they are preety much junk if they are
Yeah they are pretty junky,that must be why my 95 xcr 600 mono has 7500 untouched miles on it and still beats most newer twins.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well im not a triple mono block guy yeah they are good strong motors but they just dont make as much horse power

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
frankinsled said:
well im not a triple mono block guy yeah they are good strong motors but they just dont make as much horse power
HP is just a number on a piece of paper IMO. I can keep up if not beat most sleds that have 20hp more then me,dont be fooled by numbers on paper. Its all in the setup and how the power is transfered.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
All oem polaris clutching parts,have it set to run 8800-9000Rpm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts