Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am haveing a problem with it seems like its has a lot of oil comeing out of the exuast. let it run for a few min i have a half of a quart of black oil under the sled right under the exuast and under the hood theres oil around each maniafold tripple pipes and at the silencer where each pipe comes in to. Then other problems are it wont idel like it should and today i loaded it on the trailer and started to go up and it like i couldnt go anywhere i had to pull it back down and realy give it hell to get on the trailer. i have a sled with a bad oil seal and it drove on just fine with half the power and its an xcr 600 so i need to figure out whats wrong with the storm on awsome looking sled but not to good of a runner. just hopein i get through this winter with it. not to mention i took out a 2200 loan to get it. so if some one knows plz help.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Check your throttle cables, maybe the screw has come loose, also check if the oil pump is working properly. It may be stuck wide open.

·
Registered
539 Posts
did you clean the carbs?
sounds like you have a plugged pilot jet in one or more carbs.
$2200 loan for an 800 storm? yikes!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Ahhhh... this sounds familiar!
Look at this recent picture of mine
I took this after I just shut the sled off (ignore the stupid phototouchup color crap)

[attachment=45825]

I had premix in it AND oil injection on (I was making sure that the oil injection was primed so I let it run like that for a few mins). Too much oil did that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Probably broke the cable to your oil pump. If the cable breaks they stick wide open.

Watch your oil pump as you feather your throttle, it should move. If not, theres your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts