Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I just found this site,lots of good info here. anyways I bought a 96 storm used about 3 years ago.It has 4000 miles on it now.Everyone I talk to says these machines are prone to all kinds of problems.I havent had any problems with it so far and I ride it pretty hard. What kind of problems are these things prone too? Anything I should do to try to prevent them? What can I do to make some cheap horsepower?
Thanks Jim[8D]

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't heard anything negative about the Storms... I remember they were the hot thing to have a few years ago. I'm not much help here, but I wouldn't worry about things unless they start happening. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Storms were known to take out the center cylinder, so keep an eye on that plug, should be jetted higher than pto cylinder, I believe the mag side is supposed to be jetted higher as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im in the process of rebuilding my 96 Storm motor, ate the top ring in the mag cylinder. Otherwise there have been a few minor "issues"; broken starter cord, broken trailing arm bolt, stripped out brake rotor hub, finicky jetting....overall Im still happy with it - until I can afford a new REV Blair Morgan Limited Edition....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts