Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I had a dim headlight earlier in the year, and I kept burning out the low beam on the headlight. It seemed to be better, but instead of putting a new light in, first I put a new voltage regulator in. This machine has electric start. Anyhow, it now is dim again even with the new regulator. I am starting to think that there may be a dead short somewhere? I am hoping someone else has had this problem or has some ideas. Any input at all will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Do the lights on the dash, and brake lights dim too? Or just the head light?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry folks, I guess I should have been a lil more specific. Yes it is the right bulb and yes everything is dimmer. The warmers are cool as well. I had a fellow mention that he had a similar problem and it turned out to be his tail light shorting out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
may start unplugging things and see if you can find it, if it might be the tail light i would say dissconnect it under the seat so you would have to pull the seat off to do that, its only 2 bolts, there may be a wire that is pinched or chafing under the seat

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dim headlight/dash = Wires grounding out on the chassis. You'll have to umplug one thing at a time untill they brighten up, or pull out the voltmeter and check for continuity on each loop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts