Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on replacing the stock 38mm round slides with TMX flat slides. Anyone running these? I'm running Aaen pipes. I need a baseline carb setup, can anyone help? Thanx.[:)]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
with the flats on my xcr I was running 420 mains with stock pipes. you might want to start somewhere around that. and only do 500 foot rides until you start to get color on the plugs. then you have a starting point.

·
Registered
282 Posts
which needles were you going to run in them,the EJ or the DGY,i ran a set on a 600zrt with the dgy with excellent throttle response and a better top end,the dgy needles can be run with soldered fuel passage pilot jets,you set the idle and bottom end from the diameter of the needle,i had to use a 10 pilot with the ej needles and was still too rich on the bottom,remembering these carbs have a cast in needle jet of R-0 and were meant for a 250 dirt bike they are limited in tuning parts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the info, every bit helps. The difference(I think) in the EJ and DGY needles is the idle circuit. The DGY are for TMS carbs. No idle jets. I have a set of TMS's and a couple sets of TMX's. I'd like to try a set on my xlt before I change engines.(ultra motor). My '96 ultra is the test. If someone here has run TMX carbs on a piped '96 ultra, that person I need to talk to. Thanx again to all.[:)]

·
Registered
282 Posts
the dgy were for the TMS but if you solder the fuel passage up in the pilot jet you can use them in the TMX,and srtill use the pilot air screw to add air for a better idle,that was the difference in the TMX-TMS is that TMS didnt have the pilot circuit.A TMX can be made to work as a TMS but a TMS cant be a TMX...The problem with using the EJ i had on a 600 triple was even with a 10 pilot and the 60 needles, it was too rich on the bottom end,If you are looking for more performance you might be better off with a bored 38 TM,with replaceable needle jets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts