Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know what may cause less than ideal engine performance?

It sort of misses, blurbs, as it climbs into the power band. Once wide open it runs and pulls fine.

I leaned the jetting down to 380 mains with clip second from the top.

I'm afraid to go any leaner, anybody had any experience jetting a 96 xcr 600 sp? It's the tripple with case reed motor!

·
Registered
301 Posts
if it comes on like a bat out of hell at around 5500, nothing is wrong. that's the way they were. you can upfrage jetting, clutching, and cdi to '97 specs.
a hot seat clutch kit will help instead.
make sure you have the service buletins done for that model, there were many.
one is a change to an almond primary spring,
you could try that first (it does help).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I own the same sled and I had to do about 6 service bullitens to it. One is updated jetting and like williewonka said some clutching changes. Take your serial # into a local Polaris dealer and they should be able to fix you up!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hyperman,
Did you do the changes yourself?
Did yours have the same problem before updates?

Did updates help?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Blizard, go to this website and do some reading it will give you some ideas. Look down the page a bit for the XCR info.

http://www.geocities.com/schmidt92/polaris_faq.html

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I can attest for the almond clutch spring, the sled still not perfect but it helps.

·
Registered
864 Posts
96 did have issues until the updates were applied. It should not stumle, but will be boggy until it comes into the pipes.
If you not into clutching , call HTG and ask them for thier kit. It is noit bad, buddy has it on his 98. You need a 97 cdi or yours remoappped like a 97/98. Have heard soem guys using utlra cdi's as well.
The sled can dance ,but will always have the bog until 5500. Htg kit ups the rpm's up a bit to try and get around it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The p0olaris faq ays toi drill the Air Bypass out. Could someone explain how to do this?

Any pics of it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts