Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you XCR case reed motor nuts out there. I have a question I need to ask for a buddy.

He inspected his pistons to find that the mag side was scored quite bad. Since wiseco does not offer any oversize options.

What he noticed though was the XCR700SP motor shares the same crank bearings and stroke.

Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the XCR600 case and XCR700 case jugs/heads are the same?

His only alternative would be to re-sleeve the one cylinder back to stock displacement at more cost than to get new jugs, pistons and head.

Any thoughts?

thx.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooooooo..... that's promising!

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
277 Posts
The 600, 680 and 700 case reed engines from 96 to 99 and the 800 from 99 to 03 will all interchange jugs. Yaaahhh! The jugs in all these motors are nicasil coated, in other words not borable. Your buddy can send out the jug to repair facility and the cost to repair and replate the cylinder runs about $180.00 plus shipping. Alot cheaper than a new jug. Stock pistons are about $50.00 but the rings are $30.00 a piece! 2 rings per piston = $60.00! Good luck and get that sucker done, SNOWS a coming!!!!!!!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
671 Posts
like maydaze said, 6,7,8, all interchagnege able, my friend, gotta 600 bottom end, and 800 top end with vavles and reeds, and homemade pipes that are damn good, and rips around and getts good times in 1/4 mile

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Nikatec, out of Quebec, or Us Chrome will renic a cylinder. alternative is a salvage. Try Indy salvage in Minden,Ont. ask for Leon.
Even better the Ves cyl's also fit. ehehe
Still need to find out why it scuffed.. Mains a little lean..? dirty..?

When in Doubt, gas it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts