Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about the water pump in the XCR case reed motors. Since it is gear driven from the crank, I noticed it has a sight guage and what appears to be an oil fill plug. Is that supposed to have gear oil in it or does it get lube from the engine crank. Why would it have a sight guage on it?

thx.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever lube it?

It's my buddies sled and we noticed it when I told him to replace his water belt this year. XLT's have a water pump belt.
He didn't bother to order it after looking for it.

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a Polaris Service Manual- it says on (96 only) the water pump take 50cc of Polaris All Season 0w40 synthetic pn# 2871281 fill to the top of sight glass with engine installed. there is a drain plug on the bottom. 97 models do not add lubricant to waterpump gear case

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance you want to sell that service manual wigga?

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
They sure are handy. I just picked one up myself for my rebuild. Its for all sleds Polaris made between 1996 and 1998. Its this HUGE 5 ring binder.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Does that mean ALL sleds? because i went to my Polaris dealer and i proceeded to order that huge 5-ring shop manual for $80. He asked what sled i have, and he was not sure if that particular one was in the manual. So he went back to the shop, looked through the same huge shop manual, and said that it was not in there!?? Is this true? It's pointless to order otherwise. He also said he didn't believe there was a race manual for it either?! WTF. Isn't there ANY manual or guide for this sled??? I find that hard to believe. .......'98 xcr 440 sp.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
That sounds just like the one I've got. I'm sure its in there, the description said all sleds 1996 to 1998. I'll check to see if yours is in there tonight. I know the 1996 XCR 440 SP is in there because I've looked up info for a buddy that has one, so the 1998 one should be there as well.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts