Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i just got my first sled 2 days ago a 96 zrt 600 triple and today when i gunned the motor i snapped the front left motor mount bracket the one on the motor not the rubber one by time i got home the right front and left rear were also broke it is stock except for a clutch and dg silencer pack my buddy says fix it and sell it that it will keep happening can any one help me on regards with what i should do i would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
589 Posts
There's a number of things you can do. A mount plate will help keep the engine from flexing under stress, especially with pipes. You will need new mounts. And a torque arm will definately help. The torque arm is designed to keep the engine from twisting under load, but it should help keep her from breaking motor mounts. You said it has a clutch kit, check engagement. If the sled was raced, engagement may be up in the 6-8,000 rnage. If so, you are really putting alot of stress on the motor mounts as well as the entire sled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my clutch goes in at 5500 i am deffinatley going to look into a mount plate and torque arms if you have any suggestions of a brand i would apprecite that also thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts