Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year (2008-2009) i put about 1500 miles on and went through about 5 sets of plugs on my 1996 ZRT 600. this year i put about 800 miles on and used 3 sets. i need to know how to fix this problem so i wont be having to buy more plugs.

Thanks

· Registered
343 Posts
couple of things, If you are not already, try running the NGK BR9EYA Instead of the BR9ES The EYA resists fouling and is recommended for arctic cats.

Also, make sure your choke plungers are set properly and are not sticking open and fouling plugs.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the EYA's in there right now and put almost 300 miles on them but i can tell their starting to foul out, before every ride, i clean my plugs and re-gap them, but the last few times i went i felt a bog and also it didnt have as much get up and go as it usually gets with newer plugs. and yea i'll try the plungers aswell. Thanks

· Registered
135 Posts
yep, make sure you're running the right plugs, choke is adjusted ok and that the correct jetting is in the carbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.