Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the driveshaft rebuilt and back together, went to start, pulled and she runs on the two outer cylinders. the middle is draining gas out of the gas drain on the carb, like niagra falls, not a drip here or there. why would it be doing this.

*im new to newer sleds, all my others dont have the drains on the carbs*

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Float is stuck, overfilling the carb with gas.

The spark plug should also be wet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Float is stuck, overfilling the carb with gas.

The spark plug should also be wet.
Plug was wet. is there a way to unstick the float without tearing down the carb completely, I just had them pro tuned before the sled sat, for a while.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KawasakiGuy79 said:
Just remove the bowl from the bottom (4 screws) it does alter anything, spray the needle valve and floats with some carb cleaner.
did it, now it wont start, Plugs are new and not fouled. arm is starting to feel all the pulling

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
As said above, pull the carb and pull the bowl off, and clean everything without messing any adjustments...

After you get it running, run some carb cleaner with the next several tankfuls to clean out the rest of the gunk in the carbs.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
well now if it wont run you have to check and see if your getting spark and if so its probley a fuel issue check make sure your getting the gas maybe the fuel pump could use a rebuild i know on my 96 zrt it went just like that

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This is a good time to rebuild the carb, your needle seat valve does go out, you should replace all three on all three carbs. The other thing is also check the height of the float, you can adjust it.
Been dealing with this same problem on my banshee, finally get it to where its not pissing gass all over...went for the first ride in the woods and made it ten mins. until it started spewing gas again. All it took was a few bumps...dont want that this winter on the trails?! Things do wear out.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If you have no fuel now, turn the fuel valve back on... [thumb]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
ha ha, no, it was quite the opposite, pulled the fuel lines off each carb let them sit for a few hours, came back, put all lines back on and gave a pull, she runs on all three cylinders unlike this morning where it was only on the 2 outer cylinders,

the beast is back.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Thats as bad as forgetting to put the impulse line back on the crankcase

1 - 11 of 11 Posts