Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 97 cr 80 big wheel. runs great. but after its opened wide open it won't down idle very well. have to almost bring the bike to a complete stop in a high gear with no clutch to get it to come down. any thoughts or suggestions?

· Registered
2,124 Posts
blacktar08 said:
I just picked up a 97 cr 80 big wheel. runs great. but after its opened wide open it won't down idle very well. have to almost bring the bike to a complete stop in a high gear with no clutch to get it to come down. any thoughts or suggestions?
Yah, bring it over to UltraWillie's house in Virginia, let him scream up and down the streets for a while, that ought to bring the RPM's down to a minimum[thumb]
Seriously, sounds like you your throttle cable might be binding, or pilot jet too lean

· Registered
1,378 Posts
polaris1man said:
blacktar08 said:
Yah, bring it over to UltraWillie's house in Virginia, let him scream up and down the streets for a while, that ought to bring the RPM's down to a minimum[thumb]
Seriously, sounds like you your throttle cable might be binding, or pilot jet too lean
Yah, bring it over, if I get on it, there will be no RPMs left to bring down....Hahahahaha

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha. I'll see where it's set at. It has a full fmf exhaust on it too. Would the reeds be shot and causing it to do that at all? I'm sure I'll have her blown up by the end of the summer willy. I'm sure one time or another I'll go runnin thru Virginia on it with the cops chasin me.

· Registered
2,124 Posts
blacktar08 said:
Haha. I'll see where it's set at. It has a full fmf exhaust on it too. Would the reeds be shot and causing it to do that at all? I'm sure I'll have her blown up by the end of the summer willy. I'm sure one time or another I'll go runnin thru Virginia on it with the cops chasin me.
Check your throttle cable first for binding, the cables will fray. Then go into your carb, check pilot jet, and make sure you are running what FMF recommends. Finally, get that unit over to Willie's, he's a "dandy" when it comes to trouble shooting[amazon]

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok everything seems good but i could see daylight thru the reeds. i'll have to try and get it over to willies when i get a chancee. one of our drivers quit at work so i've been pretty busy working.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
polaris1man said:
blacktar08 said:
Check your throttle cable first for binding, the cables will fray. Then go into your carb, check pilot jet, and make sure you are running what FMF recommends. Finally, get that unit over to Willie's, [highlight=yellow]he's a "dandy" when it comes to trouble shooting[amazon][/highlight=yellow]
Yeh we'll just run it till it blows, ALL done trouble shooting!!

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok ill try that. i did just pull the carb again and there was something in the main jet. havent had a chance to try it out but pretty sure that was my problem. musta snuck in while i was reassembling it last time. good trouble shooting methods willie!!! I'm sure by mid summer thats what it'll come down too. ridin the snot outta it till she blows

· Registered
1,378 Posts
blacktar08 said:
ok ill try that. i did just pull the carb again and there was something in the main jet. havent had a chance to try it out but pretty sure that was my problem. musta snuck in while i was reassembling it last time. good trouble shooting methods willie!!! I'm sure by mid summer thats what it'll come down too. ridin the snot outta it till she blows
I'll hook up with ya later!![thumb]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.