Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ever since i ran my sled out of gas it starts real hard were talkin 30- 40 pulls and feeling like a heart attack is coming on[knary] it used to start cold about 4-6 pulls and then when warm on first pull every time anybody no where i should start im guessing carbs but not sure what to do in them adjust sync choke adjust new jets seats needles or what i am pretty mechanical but not to familiar with sleds yet.ounce i do get it started it runs fine and when i shut it off for a bit and come back even an hour later starts first pull but overnight same thing almost kills me trying to start it.any ideas anybody for your help[BowDown] (just want to ride)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you checked the compression? Could need a rebuild soon! Or, it is flooding overnight? Do the 650's have a fuel shutoff?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikey007 said:
Have you checked the compression? Could need a rebuild soon! Or, it is flooding overnight? Do the 650's have a fuel shutoff?
its a 600 but yes it does have a shut off. but i ride daily should i still shut it off. i always assumed shut it off if you were not going to use it for more than couple days. but not sure i could be wrong let me know. maybe i should replace my choke plungers would that help or no. would running it out of gas harm something or no thank you

·
Registered
88 Posts
arcticcateltigre said:
mikey007 said:
its a 600 but yes it does have a shut off. but i ride daily should i still shut it off. i always assumed shut it off if you were not going to use it for more than couple days. but not sure i could be wrong let me know. maybe i should replace my choke plungers would that help or no. would running it out of gas harm something or no thank you
Running it out of gas would not hurt anything as far as I know. I would shut it off overnight and see what happens - I know that the when you leave some 400 and 500's fuel on overnight they will not start due to extreme flooding.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mikey007 said:
arcticcateltigre said:
mikey007 said:
Running it out of gas would not hurt anything as far as I know. I would shut it off overnight and see what happens - I know that the when you leave some 400 and 500's fuel on overnight they will not start due to extreme flooding.
thanks ill try it right now and see what happens in the morning but never had this problem till i ran it out of gas since then its just been touchy and pain in the a$$ thank you

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arcticcateltigre said:
mikey007 said:
arcticcateltigre said:
mikey007 said:
thanks ill try it right now and see what happens in the morning but never had this problem till i ran it out of gas since then its just been touchy and pain in the a$$ thank you
i know there is a lot of ?s here but any anwsers would help need to get my brain wheels turning here thanks

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
One thing to check, pull the carbs apart and check the needle/seat. If they are bad, you will flood the engine just sitting. Turn off the fuel if you leave it sit overnight or trailer and see if that helps. On mine, the needles have a groove in them, but are still sealing. They are about $15-18 each to replace.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hangman said:
One thing to check, pull the carbs apart and check the needle/seat. If they are bad, you will flood the engine just sitting. Turn off the fuel if you leave it sit overnight or trailer and see if that helps. On mine, the needles have a groove in them, but are still sealing. They are about $15-18 each to replace.
any other ideas on any of these ?s please keep em coming want to solve any problems or potential problems to arize hate breaking down on trail as anyone would. would rather do in shop than on trail

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i turned the gas valve off last night and went out today and one pull it starts right up so would this mean any of you could narrow a problem down to something specific in the carbs dont want to just throw parts and a bunch of money at it or should i just gut the carbs and rebuild with new parts thanks [thumb]

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Pull the carbs apart and inspect the needle/seat assembly. If there's a groove in the needle, it's time to replace as it's probably not sealing anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts