Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not to big a deal but wondering what i could do or tips hints or tricks to help make better 97 xlt 600 got new plugs with right gap good comp. new fuel lines good fuel good air i cleaned cabs just would like it to start after 1-3 pulls like everbody else thanks for help. also what if any pipes could be got for this sled and what all would it involve (brands and where to get them)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
chek psi in all cyls, could be low,

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Leaking needles and seats will do it, after it sits for a day or so pull the 3 little plugs at the base of the cylinders and see if any gas comes out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did you set/adjust your chokes? Did you sync the carbs after you cleaned them? Check for the leaking needles and seats. does it take 10 pulls even when it is warmed up?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Another thing is when it is running spray carb cleaner on the back side of your primary clutch and see if your motor changes. if it does you need new crank seal on the pto side of the motor. if you do this just replace all gaskits in the motor on the bottom end. I would clean your carbs again and go thru it all before you start tearing in to it. If you have any questions just ask.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
700RMK136 said:
Did you set/adjust your chokes? Did you sync the carbs after you cleaned them? Check for the leaking needles and seats. does it take 10 pulls even when it is warmed up?
when warm one or two pulls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts