Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 97 rmk 700 in a 440 chassis. The guy I got it from said it still has the 440 gearing. I was Wondering what would be a good set up for gearing with the 144 and a 700 motor. I also noticed there was a nut loose on the primary clutch, looked it up in a schematic and it says it's the jammer nut...should I take a look at the primary? Also he said he usually had to adjust the secondary when putting a new belt on. How should I go about that? Has slp twin pipes, way to loud for me, what is the stock jetting for putting a single pipe back on. Also maybe some primary specs as for weights and spring for a 144. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I live in Minnesota if that helps for elevation for the clutching and jetting.
thanks a ton to any replies!

·
Registered
431 Posts
This should be interesting. I have a '97 RMK in its proper chassis. I'll take a look under my hood for jetting as well. I'd go thru the primary and secondary, and check buttons, wear guides, etc

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Stock main jets for a non ves 700 should be 185/190.

I'd use that as a good base to start jetting from.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
185/185 for stock mains without the coolant bypass setup,in 99 with the bypass they staggered it to 185/190

1 - 4 of 4 Posts