Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sled is squealing at a stop unless you touch the brake before stopping. primary seems to be shifting allright. belt seems to pull down into secondary. brand new belt. never blows the belt!!!!

any one know which shims and their positioning in reguards to secondary?

Motor has never been out of sled. Sled has reverse. Ripsaw track no studs..... about 5000 miles.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
when you put in a new secondary belt did you turn the adjuster on the secondary clutch to get the right deflection?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
madcow said:
when you put in a new secondary belt did you turn the adjuster on the secondary clutch to get the right deflection?

not sure how to set or judge it? Clutching was never my strong suit. my friend used to do all our clutching but passed away last yr. and my local dealership(up north) has quit doin sleds but will get parts.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
there is a dial on the secondary clutch with 3 little bolts.

with the rear of the sled off the ground roll the secondary over a couple times to see where the belt rides. if it is much more than just above the secondary then loosen them 3 bolts and turn that dial, i cant remember but i beleive if you turn it to position 1, there are numbers on the clutch by the dial. when you tighten them bolts up you will see the belt drop down some, ride the sled and see if it still sqweels, as the belt wears you turn the dial the other way to keep the belt flush to slightly over the secondary sheave. since belts are not exact in lenght or width you have that adjustment.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
^right, once you get to 4 or 5 posistion then it might be time for a new belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts