Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i really need some help i had a few topics about my tcat not reving up thanx for the help so far but im still having problems heres what ive done so far ive checked the mag its good just put new pistons rings rist pins bearins and gaskets o rings well lubed and had a 20 min break in idle tryed giving it throttle boggs i rejetted cleaned the carbs set my air fuel to 1 out nothing 1 1/2 out nothing 2 out nuthin cleaned the pump got good flow checked and ajusted float tang didnt help checked my reads and put new gaskets nuthin sparks good on all three checked the spark on one when throttle is applyed stays good compressions 125 124 125 so there good spraid either around the hole engine dosnt rev up do to suckin air ive got psi pipes im at 5300ft elivation and i did it at 2am so my ambiant temp was 50 ferienhiat tried 380 and 400 main jets any help would be great please help any advice would be great thanx guys

·
Registered
135 Posts
i can't remember if you said the TSS (Throttle safety switch) is bypassed. One quick way to see if it is eletrically related (A short somewhere in the wire harness ect..) is to unplug the connection going from your stator to your eletrical harness (not the one that goes to the CDI box) and put a jumper wire in it making connection the 2 Non-yellow wires. It'll start up and to shut it off just pull the jumper wire out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i went down and looked i have 2 yellow and one black on the stater side and like 10 wires on the harness side so do i jump all the ones on the harnes side its a 4 square plug on the harness and a 3 l shape plug on the stater side so now what lol and my wires going to the kill switch is a 3 flat style plug thats all that gos to the bars exept the thumb warmer

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm sorry..I forgot to say to jump the 2 non-yellow wires coming from the stator. All you're doing is bypassing the whole wire harness. The "jumper wire" is basically acting like a key completing the circuit. This will tell you if there is an issue somewhere in the wire harness or one of your switches on your handlebars. Just take a piece of wire and shove it in the connector making an eletrical connection between those 2 non-yellow wires coming out of the stator and it will start right up. See if it revs and then just remove the wire to shut it off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have 2 non yellow wires coming out of the stater for the harnness just 2 yellow and 1 back

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is a black and a red wire. You can see them in this video @ about the 2:15 mark. The red wire is your ground wire and it has the only male connector on it. Jump that connector ending to the black wire female connector. Just shove some wire in the female connector and then into the small hole in the end of the red wire male connector. The other 4-prong connector which is a little bit smaller connector which I am using to measure the stator ohms with goes to your CDI box. I am assuming you're using the 1997 ignition in your sled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCqojU5wHos

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
check the primary spring for being broke or sagged out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the primary spring in the clutch?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coll thanx for all you guys help finaly got it it was totally missing the ground i just added one runs great i feel like a dumb ass

·
Registered
135 Posts
bringurthunder said:
coll thanx for all you guys help finaly got it it was totally missing the ground i just added one runs great i feel like a dumb ass
Good, you found out what was wrong...that is the main thing.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey one good thing is now you got a new top end for the season[thumb] glad to see you got it all worked out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL ya what a releif god its nice to hear it rap up

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanx for the help boss that vid came in handy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts