Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we got a little snow today and my girlfriend wanted to take her sled for a ride, we just traded her old sled for a 97 xc 600 and she hasnt ridden it yet.

Ive been dinking with this sled off and on for awhile now and everyday i try to start it, it starts pretty hard, needs like 10 or 12 pulls to get it going.

My first thought was clean the carbs out real good as well as the jets, i havent had the time to do it yet but was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas?

All help is appreciated

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
on mine i had to shut the fuel off when i was done or it would be a bitch to start. carbs being dirty will cause the issues with starting as well.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
needles and seats, always a major problem with those sleds. can shut the fuel off when you shut it down. but a pretty easy fix as well

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i did my needles and seats, plus rebuilt the fuel pump, still had to shut the fuel off..

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have the same problem with both of my 96 xcr`s, same motor, i`ve cleaned carbs on both, one even has fresh motor, i`m tired of pulling my gts out, u think needle and seats r the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts