Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i traded my girls sled for a 97 xc 600 triple.

When i traded it i noticed that the rear suspension was squatting and the front was all jacked up, thought i could cure it but im totally lost now.

I checked the rear springs, they are fine, had the shock rebuilt for good measure, but it still squats in the rear, i have no travel whatsoever.

Im thinking its doing what it would do when its on dollies in the garage, you have the skis on the dollies and the track on the ground and it torques it down, so that would mean that the front needs to be lowered down somehow????? is this corect??????

The front springs are about halfway up the shock, is this how i would get the front to come back down?

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
dont mean to jack your thread but i have the same problem on my 99 rmk xtra-10, so i want to see what you come up with

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
How did you go about checking the rear springs? The springs hold up the rear end. Sounds like your in for a new set of rear springs.
D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It sounds like the springs to me as well, I went on a long ride last year and noticed the rear of my sled was way down. My springs were very soft. Even if they aren't broken they can still wear out.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Pick up the rear end, does the suspension fall down? If not then look for something holding it back. If it falls, all it should be is some new torsion springs.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Are you saying the front end of the rails aren't level on the ground?? Let out the limiter straps.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like i said, i dont think its the torsion springs as i could barely get them back in there guides they were so strong. The front seems to be very high torqueing the back end down.

When i lift the rear of the sled it comes up with no effort for about 3-4 inches until the track somes with.

The front seems way to high to me, i just need to know how to adjust it so it comes down

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
scaryfast said:
like i said, i dont think its the torsion springs as i could barely get them back in there guides they were so strong. The front seems to be very high torqueing the back end down.

When i lift the rear of the sled it comes up with no effort for about 3-4 inches until the track somes with.

The front seems way to high to me, i just need to know how to adjust it so it comes down
Posts some pics of the suspension in and out of the sled

·
Registered
632 Posts
the 97's did kinda sit low in the rear anyways didnt they?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The position of the rear/rear scissor stop blocks have a effect on this also, if they are in the down/back position for maximum transfer then the rear will sag, let some tension off the front ski shock springs also, if they are half way up the shock body then they are WAY too tight, and like Polaris1man stated we need to see some pictures and then we will be able to have more to go on.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
98700xc, thats what im thinking they are way to tight.

Polarisman: Thanks again for the shock service, your son did an awesome job

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
scaryfast said:
98700xc, thats what im thinking they are way to tight.

Polarisman: Thanks again for the shock service, your son did an awesome job
98700XC is right on, and like what you and I discussed earlier. Thank MX86 for the work, I was in Mississippi OTR!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, i went out and dropped the front springs down all the way and it cured the problem, shouldve just tryed it first thing, oh well.......

Thanks for all the help you guys

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
scaryfast said:
Well, i went out and dropped the front springs down all the way and it cured the problem, shouldve just tryed it first thing, oh well.......

Thanks for all the help you guys
Ride a Polaris and rewards are simple!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts