Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 XLT 600 limited with the Xtra 12 suspension and 121 track. This fall I replace the track to a studded track with 1" lugs (stock was 3/4) I also added Fox rear shocks.
I just noticed yesterday when it was sitting on my driveway that the rear of the track does not hit the ground when their is no weight on the sled? in the grass or snow you don't notice this, but the rear of the track sits about 1/2 to maybe 3/4 inch above the ground on pavement. if you put any weight on the sled the rear touches or if it's in the grass it touches since the lugs sink in a bit. I assume this isn't right so what do I need to do? it seems to ride ok a little stiffer then it was originally but not too bad. it hooks up well but we only have 3 inches of snow, drifts maybe 10 inches. it does not pull the ski's off the ground but sags well under acceleration. so ski's get light

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
jschick said:
I have a 97 XLT 600 limited with the Xtra 12 suspension and 121 track. This fall I replace the track to a studded track with 1" lugs (stock was 3/4) I also added Fox rear shocks.
I just noticed yesterday when it was sitting on my driveway that the rear of the track does not hit the ground when their is no weight on the sled? in the grass or snow you don't notice this, but the rear of the track sits about 1/2 to maybe 3/4 inch above the ground on pavement. if you put any weight on the sled the rear touches or if it's in the grass it touches since the lugs sink in a bit. I assume this isn't right so what do I need to do? it seems to ride ok a little stiffer then it was originally but not too bad. it hooks up well but we only have 3 inches of snow, drifts maybe 10 inches. it does not pull the ski's off the ground but sags well under acceleration. so ski's get light
My x-tra 12 did the same thing and so did my M-10 it's suppose to be like that. part of the reason is the way front end sits so low and the rear so high. The hyfax wear a little harder towards the front but oh well. then again alot of xtentions do the same thing(tip ups,and I don't mean icefishing)[:D]

·
Registered
814 Posts
My 97 XLT sits that way as well. You could correct that somewhat by tightening the front limiter strap- but that adds ski pressure and reduces weight transfer. You usually want to run as light as you can for ski pressure for best handling.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks,
I thought it was ok, but never noticed it before and I don't know if it did it before the swap but my old shocks were totally shot! from what I found if I loosen the front shock it will give more ski pressure and probably sit level on hard surface, but since it seems to handle well I will leave it alone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey this is not concerning you most recent question but i noticed your one question about your plunger primer not sucking fuel. i am have the same problem right now and when i plunge it there is fuel in the line by the shut off valve but there is no fuel coming out of the hose in the tank to the fuel line where i have it spliced at. Was wondering if you had any ideas about that. it may be that the primer plunger is no good but wondering if you had any other ideas? i would appreciate the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts