Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I have a 97 XLT SP and I put a 1" lug track on it late last winter. I want to stud it, but I can't use tunnel protectors because the track lugs extend the entire width of the track and don't have any reliefs for the protectors to ride in so they rub. I called Kimpex and they said to just cut the reliefs in the track like the stock track had. I don't really want to cut a new track, so I hav thought about raising the suspension. Has anyone done this and if so, can I have the details on the difficulty, time, new parts etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They dropped the back of the suspension on my Form. Dlx. when I had it picked. They drilled new holes for the shaft and dropped it I think an inch or so. I'm pretty sure that's the only shaft they had to lower. (sled's not here so I can't run out and check it for you).

The only thing I've heard is not to lower it more that you have to so that it doesn't affect the centre of gravity; you don't want it too top-heavy.
Jacqui.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I thought that sled came with tunnel protectors from the factory. Mine has them. If the track doesn't hit the protectors it's not a problem and if it does hit occasionally wouldn't it just wear it's own groove eventually.

Just my initial thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts