Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have some gaps in the teeth of my belt could that cause the sled to have a ratcheting type noise when gunning it from a complete stop. It only does it from a complete stop. I know its not the track being too lose. Im hoping this is just a stupid problem. Thanks.

Tim

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yes. But how do you know the track is not too loose, that could also be the problem. Definitely get a new belt though. That belt could fail at any time and if you are out on the trail you will be stranded.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sounds like the track is to loose to me

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys ive got a new belt on the way. and ill double check the track. Thansk for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
borz80 said:
If I have some gaps in the teeth of my belt could that cause the sled to have a ratcheting type noise when gunning it from a complete stop. It only does it from a complete stop. I know its not the track being too lose. Im hoping this is just a stupid problem. Thanks.

Tim
check your gears in chain case.had same problem .one tooth on top gear was broke off

·
Registered
10 Posts
borz; You may want to check your clutch side bearing at the track jackshaft.. if this is bad it will move on accelleration and the drive sprocket(s) will ratchet on the track. Remove the secondary clutch ( for easier access) and loosen the track.... remove the three nuts holding the bearing cover, remove the cover, and inspect the bearing. If bad - it will be obviuos. A good indicator will also be the speedometer usually quits working due to breaking the short drive cable at the end of the track jackshaft, if the bearing is bad enough to cause ratcheting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys im going to check this as soon as i have time to get out into my shop. thanks for all the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts