Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

A buddy of mine is selling his sled. Build date is 09/97 (maybe considered a 98?)

It's a ZR 600 EFI, lightweight something reed motor? Sled has 5k miles on it. Track is in good shape, said he had the suspension rebuild a while ago. I can get it for $1000.

I'm just wondering any pros/cons about this sled. How would it compare to my 95 XLT.

Thanks. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
No such thing as a ZR 600 in 97 to my knowledge. My best guess is it would be considered a 98.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If you decide to mod the sled, typically you'd have been limited to the pre-programmed replacement chips.

Fortunately, I'm working on getting my hardware working those ECU's so you'll be able to remap the EFI quicker and easier than rejetting carbs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats interesting. If I got the sled I don't think I would mod it this season anyways.

I 'm just wondering how reliable they are. Anything I should be concerned about with this sled?

·
Registered
207 Posts
They are good sled and it would be an upgrade compared to an xlt. Much lighter and more power. I had a 98 600 efi le and for the most part loved it. I bought it with a bad crank so i fixed that and after some other little things we were rockin. You will love the efi always starts in two pulls cold. Watch ou for the stator on those because they were known to overheat.

·
Registered
195 Posts
they are nice sleds and i like how it sounds when it idles then you push the gas, it got that sound i like and my friend has one and ett (extra travel tunnel) will be a nice add from your old one and i haven't seen any problems with the stator

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
They were notorious for stator problems. Some people drilled out the magneto cover to allow more airflow into the stator, as it is believe it's the excessive heat that kills them. Personally, I have never had a problem with my '98 ZR, but it is a common problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts