Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me. I removed my engine to work on an antifreeze leak and after I re-installed it the idle of the sled is at around 4K.

I tried to adjust the idle and this brought it down to 1800 RPM, however when you give it some gas it will bring itself right back to 4000 RPM.

I did also replace the throttle cable because the old one way frayed, there is some slack in the cable when the throttle is idle, so I do not know what could be causing it.

I checked the boots at the throttle body and they are good, no codes on the ECU either.

I know when it is cold the engine will idle higher for warm up but this is not coming back down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You may have a crank seal going out, letting in some air and causing it to be lean.. easy to check; with the engine running, spray the crank seal with starter fluid or carb cleaner, if it's sucked into the engine, the RPM will change... EFI is such fun to troubleshoot. Good luck!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try that. Heading out to the garage right now.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went out and sprayed it down and there were no leaks. I ended up reseating the throttle body into the boots and started the sled up and the problem was gone.

Idling fine now.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.