Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have chance2 get a 970 price motor,anyone ever put 1 in this chasis ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one with any input on this,amazing !!!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Where was it built? was it a 970 kit? as i have never heard of 970, i've heard of 990 kit.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Never heard of them. The fact that they are not well known, might mean they don't do quality work, or their products/business aren't up to par. But thats just a thought.

for the kit, 970cc, 89mm bore. trail port or race port? And this would have to be a edge chassis based motor, so you will need all new electronics, motor mounts, pipe, etc.... as this is a 970 based off a 800 liberty, and your is a 600h.o for different chassis.

you could do it, but It would take some work.

Why not make your 600h.o a 660? with twins you could make around 160hp. And it is much more trail friendly, pump gas, and all of your current parts will still work. It would cost like $1400 to get your motor done to a 660.

$1400, and you would have 160hp easy of power under your right thumb.....

660 motors are known to be super reliable, and a fresh top-end is only needed every 3000 miles or so. i bet that 970 needs one every 500 miles.

And what pistons does it use? probably expensive ones, a 660 kit uses OEM 700 polaris EV pistons.

http://www.carlscycle.com/eshopprod_cat_2438-19669_product_245427.Carls_Performance_660_Big_Bor.htm

·
Registered
454 Posts
I know several racers that swear by price pipes, and have not one bad thing to say about they motors either. So if you like it and the price is right hahaha, then buy the darn thing and let that mother rip!!!!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
jesse500 said:
Never heard of them. The fact that they are not well known, might mean they don't do quality work, or their products/business aren't up to par.

Do a little research before you post, Price is a very reputable builder that builds motors that outperform other big name builders, just because you havent heard of them doesnt mean they dont do quality work. Some of the best stuff comes out of small shops. You really need to shut your mouth when you dont know what you are talking about. Little punks like you can give a builder a bad name because you have no idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
^ that's true in some cases like Bender he used to make some wicked pipes for Yamaha triples. I used to do a little work for him when his shop was around my area actually down the road. To bad he was bought out

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ok to answer the original question, no....

The 970 is based on an edge 800 engine. The edge 800 engines have the intake in the back, and exhaust in the front.

The fusion, in order to move the engine farther back into the chassis, requires both intake and exhaust to be in the front.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all input,looks like might be bigger job than i want to get into,thx.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts