Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished up installing a 98 600 motor in my xcr 440 chassis and was hoping someone could help me with a few things. First I got a set of slp twin pipes installed and need to know where to start on jetting for these pipes. Second does anybody know where to start on clutching? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
10-60 weights, polaris blue/almond or epi red primary, polaris r12 helix. Id also add a boost bottle, some people are dead set they would never use them again, But IMO they are a good addition to the 600 and 700 liberty motors and they clean up that popping

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you log on to slp's web site and go to the pipes you have for your sled they have the proper clutching and jetting you need for all altitudes and temps. I had to do the same thing when I inslatalled a set of used slp tripple pipes on my xcr 600

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Right after I posted this I did find the info on slps website. I also thought I remembered that the pipes I have worked on the 6 and 700s. I guess I will run it and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The 6 and 700 pipes have different part numbers, the SLP single pipe works on either the 6 or 7.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about the twin pipes? Will the pipes from a 7 work on the 6? Can I find a part number on the pipes?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
bklf7 said:
What about the twin pipes? Will the pipes from a 7 work on the 6? Can I find a part number on the pipes?
Here is the technical data page for part numbers and applications:

http://www.slp.cc/technical.cfm?subID=13

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Start with SLP spec's then adjust from there. I would use their springs being they test and recommend. From there, you adjust to your preference, i.e., rider weight, conditions, and what you are expecting. Top end, hole shot, etc

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
bklf7 said:
Is there any part numbers on the pipes and can themselves?
Not until recent years did SLP start putting numbers on any of their exhaust parts, your best bet will be to call Jim Fairchild @ SLP and ask him what the measurements of the pipe center section diameter and length are and also what size the stinger outlet opening is, if he still has this info and he is the pipe wizard at SLP then you will stand a better chance of getting a ID on what pipes you have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts