Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 98 Indy trail single and a 97 Indy trail two up touring. Both of which had less than 500 miles on them. I have a family of four and would like to be able to take the entire family out at the same time. I had previusly thought about selling the single but i hate to do that knowing the machine as well as I do. I found a two up seat for sale from a 98 Indy trail touring. I am wondering if it would fit on my 98 Trail,or would it fit on the Touring as from what i can see the 97 and 98 tunnel length look to be the same and there is an extra 10 inches or so on the back of the 97 touring that I might be able to modify the fit. From what I can see it looks like it may be too long,but I may just buy it to see if I can make it work instead of trying to sell the sled and look for another two up. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
im pretty sure that the trail is a 128 track length as opposed to the 121 track...correct me if i am wrong
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
monsterstickersaddhp said:
im pretty sure that the trail is a 128 track length as opposed to the 121 track...correct me if i am wrong
dont listen to me haha but im pritty positive they r both 121. but what do i know.[thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
the 98 trail touring is a 121 inch track, the classic touring is a 133.5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
sorry but all three are wrong. your '97 Trail touring is a 133.5" Your '98 Trail single is a 121"
the seat from the '98 Trail Touring had a 133.5"

In a single word, Yes. It will fit. The seats are all the same length, (with the exception of the "wrap-around taillight" two up seats, those were longer than their respective single seat). Should bolt up with zero modifications.
Case closed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
sorry but all three are wrong. your '97 Trail touring is a 133.5" Your '98 Trail single is a 121"
the seat from the '98 Trail Touring had a 133.5"

In a single word, Yes. It will fit. The seats are all the same length, (with the exception of the "wrap-around taillight" two up seats, those were longer than their respective single seat). Should bolt up with zero modifications.
Case closed.

Thanks for the reply, and i will apologize in advance for asking maybe the same question, but I just want to make sure I ma following you. My intention was to try and put it on the single, but if I read you right the lengths are quite different. The seat I found is a two up with the wrap around taillight as you mentioned. Maybe if you would not mind I could call you just to pick your brain a little and see if can make this happen. Thanks again for your time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
oops, you're right. I thought a '98 Trail Touring used the seat with the standard taillight. I checked and see that all Tourings use that seat from 1996 and newer. You might be able make that seat work, but It would hange over your rear bumper so you couldn't get your hand around it. The stock bolts that hold the seat down are located in the very back, so they wouldn't have any tunnel to bolt to, that would be your biggest problem I think.

It might be easier to use a Touring seat from 1995 or older, they are the ones with the standard single lens/three bulb taillight that have the same length as a one-up seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
oops, you're right. I thought a '98 Trail Touring used the seat with the standard taillight. I checked and see that all Tourings use that seat from 1996 and newer. You might be able make that seat work, but It would hange over your rear bumper so you couldn't get your hand around it. The stock bolts that hold the seat down are located in the very back, so they wouldn't have any tunnel to bolt to, that would be your biggest problem I think.

It might be easier to use a Touring seat from 1995 or older, they are the ones with the standard single lens/three bulb taillight that have the same length as a one-up seat.
Found a seat from a 92 indy classic two up with back rest, any idea if that one would work or not?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
I believe that sled had the two piece seat and gas tank design, and your single seat you have now is the full length combination tank/seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
ok, that should work just fine for you then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
hello I don't know how to post a new blog lo? would any one know the specs of a 1990 Polaris crankcase drain plug or something like that. its the bolt I pulled and gas poured out cause the crank was full
thanks
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top