Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 98 ski doo mach 1 700 triple a few months ago with 130lbs of compression in each cylnder. went to ride it tonight. did not even get warmed up and i smelled something oily.. about 1/2 block from the house i turned it around got outt he flashlight and noticed small amounts of smoke coming from one pipe under neath.. then i opens hood and had oil definately in pipes... would this clear up as i rode it since it hadnt been ridden all year.plugs are clean and good??? or should it be checked for bad rings or .. someone help me out here on this im not by far a mechanic.. but i saw the compression test when i bought it with my own eyes. how else could oil get into past rings into exhaust????this sled hasnt been ridden or even totally warmed up since last year. nice clean sled as well with 3800 miles on it . does not look beat up or ridden hard.. any ideas guy and gals??? email if anyone is familiar with this motor or sled please. [email protected] only thing ive done is overfill the heck out of the chaincase by accident. im sure that hasnt got much to do with my problem.. i rode it less than 1500 feet tonight cold not even warmed up.. so i dont know what to do here.. sled runs fine tho is the funny part.starts right up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.