Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought a 98 mach z 800 triple wonder if theres anything i should be concerned with about or what i should do to make it not wanna blow up or run lean like most ppl tell me is whats gonna happen to it

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
double check jetting with stock recomendations for your area. sleds dont blow people make sleds blow.

the big concern on that sled would be traction and gettig the grin off your face.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
DDQUack said:
Hi just bought a 98 mach z 800 triple wonder if theres anything i should be concerned with about or what i should do to make it not wanna blow up or run lean like most ppl tell me is whats gonna happen to it
A help would be a shop and race manual, it will give you all specs and maintance "to do's" maintaince goes a long way

The 800 will blow up just as much as any other two stroke out there......Rotax is one of the strogest engines on the market.

Like Madcow said, have fun tring to wipe the grin off your face

Welcome to the site

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
madcow said:
the big concern on that sled would be traction and gettig the grin off your face.
I know as of rite now thats the only problem I have. Mostly trying to get the grin off my face. The 99 Mach Z I got was a step up for power from the Formula 3 600 thats for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THis one has 3500 miles w/ a dif motor in it from another mach z fully studded so have to see bout traction hopefully get snow in upstate NY this year that will def make me grin

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind about issues with that year of Mach Z is electrical. The stators weren't the greatest in the CK3 sleds, other than that they were pretty decent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
DDQUack said:
My experience with triples is let them warm up and burp the throttle as your slowing down on long wide open runs they run lean when you let the motor slow the sled down without snappin the throttle as you slow down. Like madcow said poeple break sleds take a compression test on all three they'll let you know when its time for a freshhing up!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
pickedandpiped said:
DDQUack said:
My experience with triples is let them warm up and burp the throttle as your slowing down on long wide open runs they run lean when you let the motor slow the sled down without snappin the throttle as you slow down. Like madcow said poeple break sleds take a compression test on all three they'll let you know when its time for a freshhing up!!

Warming up anything that is a two stroke is a must, not doing so can cause cold seizer
As far as you having lean out issues is telling me you have some jetting issues, having to burp the throttle to stop an engine from going lean is a poorly tuned sled, or just alittle on tight side of tuning.
How did you come up with this issue / remedy?

·
Registered
29 Posts
DDQUack said:
Run higher quality oil instead of the cheap oil.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forumla3 said:
DDQUack said:
what do ya reccomend amsoil?

·
Registered
29 Posts
DDQUack said:
Forumla3 said:
DDQUack said:
what do ya reccomend amsoil?
I run Hp Injector in my Forumla 3 and it has about 7000 miles on it and i had no motor problems yet.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts