Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, I'm new to the site and have a couple questions for you guys.....I just bought a 1998 Mach Z Lt with a 2 inch paddle track on it......its got 4000 kms on it.......it starts really hard the first time out in the day (VERY HARD)but I just bought a primer kit for it....I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.....I also took it out on the lake and got a little over 100 miles an hour out of it.....I'm changing the track to a 1.25" ripsaw track......I've also been looking for a good set of pipes for it......something that I can run on the trails as well as the lake but I don't want to have to clutch it or jet it any differently than stock......I'd like to get about 110-120 miles an hour out of it.....but try to keep it as stock as possible......

Any help would be great.....thx

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
That's a lot of different questions, but as for the "hard-start" condition. Your enrichment jets could be plugged, check that. Also ensure that the choke cable isn't broken. I'm a firm believer in a primer, so I'd go for that, either way.

EDIT: Oh, and WELCOME to the forum!! [:D]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
my 98 mach z was a pain to start also. this must be normal for the 98 mach z's once i got here goin it would start good all day long. only if i let it sit more then a week it would start hard again the first start then was good. you can just get a set of 99 mach z stock pipes and junk the dump pipes you are running now. by-pass the thermastat for 99 cooling specs.and put a dyno-port silencer on there for a 99 mach z and whola very trailable with more power. and still not to loud just right. i went down 1 tooth also. and put a goodwin clutch kit in. and upgraded my rear suspension to a sc-10 II out of a 2001 mxz 800 and the sled was fast and handled good.[:D]if you want some good set ups contact big john on dootalk.com he will answer all your question for you. he has all the secret ingredients to make these mach z's fly [:D]

·
Registered
347 Posts
My 96 Mach Z is terrible to start. I have been told it is because of high compression but who knows. All I know is I really want to get electric start for it, or at least a better gear reduction.

Spence

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well....I just changed the track on my sled to a 1.25" ripsaw.......quite a difference in the sleds demeanor.....although I do think its ratcheting a bit.....does anyone know how to clear this up?? I also put a primer kit in it and whatta difference!! First pull at -25/-35 celsius....consistently.......I was also wondering if I do put a set of 99 pipes on it would I have to make any clutching or jetting changes??

thx

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Good to hear about the starting...I love primers as well. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
With the primer it should start a little easier and that track should help the speed as well and it may have trouble starting if the pipes are bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts