Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carb tuning question. I have a 98 MXZ 500 I have completely cleaned the carbs and all the parts in an industrial cleaning system. To say the parts are clean would be an understatement. I have replaced the jets with what is supposed to be in them (330 pto side, 300 mag side) I also replaced the pilots per Ski Doo. Can someone tell me what the fuel / air screw is to be set at from snug bottomed?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Hmm. I have almost the exact same sled, when I take my carbs out tommorow or the next day, I'll tell yeah

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 1/2 turns out for both? They put a different jet in depnding on how the exhaust is run so do both carbs het the same fuel / air mixture?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pretty standard to start at 1.5 turns out. The cylnder temp differences that the main jets are compensating for mainly show up at WOT so the pilot settings usually stay equal from side to side. Sometimes you will have one needle lower than the other by one notch as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a guy on e-bay who sold me the service manual for the 98 as well as the one for my 2000. Those who chimed in and helped with the fuel/air mixture - thanks - you nailed it 1 1/2 turns and she runs awsome. Just need some snow to ride on.
My 2000 MXZ 600 has a different seting (1/2 turn) which is why I was unsure. All is well and we're ready when the weather cooperates.
Thanks again to those who provided proper info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts