Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone iam new here and am haveing a problem with getting fuel from my tank to the petcock valve.I can blow throw the line and can here it bubbling in the tank but it wont seem to suck it up to the motor
engine runs if i put fuel down the line till fuel runs out need help thanks in advance for any info

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
missionx said:
Hi everyone iam new here and am haveing a problem with getting fuel from my tank to the petcock valve.I can blow throw the line and can here it bubbling in the tank but it wont seem to suck it up to the motor
engine runs if i put fuel down the line till fuel runs out need help thanks in advance for any info
Hi welcome to the site. Can you draw fuel out of the tank by sucking on the fuel line? If not your pickup line in the tank might be messed up, old, deteriorating from age, etc. Is the sled in a heated garage, fuel pump might have water in it and be frozen up. Double check all fuel lines (esp. pulse line) are hooked up properly.

Just a few quick seggestions, good luck.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My guess is the the pick up line has a bad end. There is a heavy brass or copper end where the pick up and in tank filter is. My guess is the end fell off or rotted off the end of your hose in the fuel tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it is not in a garage but i can suck up fuel through the line from the fuel filter also what and where is the pulse line i would like to check it too THANKS

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
In tank fuel pick up.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Ditto on that. They can get gummed up and blocked. Unscrew the fitting on the tank and pull out the in tank line with pickup. For what it costs just replace it. Make sure to use new fuel line clamps too if the old ones seem weak or suspect.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the pulse line is the hose that runs from the bottom of the engine to the fuel pump

·
Registered
55 Posts
ok nobody caught it..... He said he can suck up fuel. So pick-up in tank is good. Start with pulse tube besure it is hooked up. Also, if it isbe sure line between fuel pump and petcock is not damaged, a slightest pin hole can cause no fuel. try sucking a coke through a straw with a hole in it.....lol good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts