Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm serious about buying a 98 powder special for 1000cdn but apparently the guy sucked snow into the intake and blew the topend. He said honing the cylinders is not and option because it's guaged to deep. How much would this cost for a pair of cylinders, and pistons and rings and such? I think this is an awsome sled and I DON'T want to pass up this deal because its the sled I've been waiting for for awhile to come up!! I think its deffinently worth it for the sled seeing as its in great shape otherwise, the track is supposedly in like new shape also soo....let me know what you think!

Should I bid on these?? Does it look like a scam? I never used eBay before.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZR-600-cyclinders_W0QQitemZ280048142384QQihZ018QQcategoryZ100456QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I found some pistons, rings, pins, also:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-STD-Pistons-Arctic-Cat-600-ZL-ZR-EFI-Powder-Special_W0QQitemZ300047576676QQihZ020QQcategoryZ100456QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,
scott

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would say that a top end rebuild would be around 300 to 500 usd not sure about what the cdn value would be. It does sound like a good deal you might try to talk him down another 100 to 200 if your paying in cash.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
doesn't look like a scam to me, but then again I don't use e-bay that much. 50.00 looks like a great deal for two cylinders and a piston!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I just got the e-mail from a buddy, he says that to rebuild the top end on his powder extreme was $500 cdn. He needed two pistions, the rings, and one cylinder.

He also said that you should be aware that fuel pumps for this sled are hard to come by in Canada. he says that the only place he could find one in stock was at Recreaction Supply. His Cat dealer told him it would take a week to get the pump in and here we are only a month or less to winter and he still hasn't got the pump that he order from Cat in Febuary.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So me and Erick (99 ZL 500) just got back from looking at it, the head is mint, but the jugs are gauged past the nickel. so i need to buy some pistons and jugs. But if i buy the jugs in the link above ill have rings and such. The guy also put a big wheel kit on it and some thing that fools the computer into thinking it 10 degrees cooler or something? I mean the sled has been ridin hard but I dont think I'll find a better deal in Thunder Bay. Should I get this and work on the project for awhile? I thik so but whats your opinion on this?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Well me and mackinsaw went tonight and looked at it and its in alright shape from what i could see..all the bearings in the drive train seemed fine i did the wiggle check on the drive shaft and the secondary and they were both nice and tight...all it really needs is a cleaning and a top end..shouldnt be too much of a big deal. he also showed us some little yellow wire and said that if you plug it in it leans the sled out??? does anyone know about that?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
never heard about a little yellow wire leaning the sled out! sound's like a decent enough deal. As I stated earlier, if your set on it get it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it has been decided, I'm going to put a down payment on it at 5 o'clock last night. He said if we wanted to buy it all we had to do is put 20 bucks on it and he'd would hold it till I sold my sled and got the money. I'm pumped!! My first real sled!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.