Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, gonna go look at this sled tomorrow, its said to run good and the damage is strictly cosmetic.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/rvs/1923198899.html

Just wondering some opinions on this sled and the strong and weak points of it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
112 Posts
FF-Tony said:
Hey guys, gonna go look at this sled tomorrow, its said to run good and the damage is strictly cosmetic.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/rvs/1923198899.html

Just wondering some opinions on this sled and the strong and weak points of it.

Thanks in advance!
Well by the looks of it you are going to need a seat repair job, and a hood. Its a stompin motor if its clutched and piped. If you're looking for a reliable mtn sled for $500 its hard to beat.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, after tomorrow ill know how the motor is, not buying it based on looks lol, i can mod and fix minor engine trouble, and i can definitly do the cosmetic stuff, just want a good platform to build off of

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
ya if your good at cosmetic repair i say go for it thats cheap for a good reliable mountain sled

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, Im actually a fire fighter here in CO and teh wild fires destroy a lot on the front range of the rockies and they are way hard to control once they get up in these mountains.

Anyway ya as long as she runs strong im gonna get it, i looked at a yammi but for MY first sled i really would like to start with something cheaper.

Anything else to say about this sled guys?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I wanted it...................................................

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha ya i know man haha, i just hope it runs strong, with that 500 tag on it makes me wonder what is wrong with it

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
seems to be the way sleds are, they sell way cheaper then you would expect and there is absolutly nothing wrong, in his example 500 bucks now is way better then 750-1000 4 months form now, given the fire and stuff

after looking again i see the handles bars look goofy check them out good, could just be the angle of the picture but i dont think so

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
the cdi/coil alone in the winter will be worth 150-200 bucks....Highly desireable

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well checked it out today, cosmetically defifnity needs help cosmetically, right foot board was it rough shape but nothing a hammer and rhono lining couldnt fix, defitily needds a new hood and the seat recovered, but track and suspension was clean and at most needs a bath and the back springs lossened up, seat was horrible but my freind just got his boat interior doen this summer at a great local shop, could have them recover the seat for a lot chepaer then a kit most likely. But when i started it, it roared to life, lifted the back end up and the track spins perfect. Tunnel was straight too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope the guy calls tomoro and tells me he still has it! One other person was looking at it after me today and i hope he didnt buy it!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
if you had cash in hand i might have to shoot you for not buyin it[:)][2guns]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well he has had it for liek a month and a half on CL and i may have waited to long to jump on it, cause its off of CL now, kinda nervious if its gone already:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts