Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Artic Cat ZR440 sno pro last winter. Besides a couple quirks I love the sled. I was curious to see whats out there to give it a little extra kick. I have heard of internal motor work. Who has tried it? what works?
Its already clutched, and jetted accordingly. The previous owner hollowed out the can, a little loud now. Whats a good pipe/can set up for this sled?
Any help would be appreciated!

Think Snow!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I ended up taking the 440 out of mine and dropped a T-cat triple 900 built to the gills.... been working on it the past few weeks. I have pics posted under the "My Sled" Forums. Take a peak. It's a 98 sno pro. It was nice and quick last year... it's going to be even quicker this year....hehehe...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the light weight of my sled and want to keep it that way. Up here in Southern NH we have tight trails. I smoke the big sled on them, just not across the lakes. So any ideas on keeping the weight down and power up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The power valves have been bolted open (previous owner) I believe the teflon coating was worn off from previous owners using a wire brush to clean them. Instead of them jamming up, they are just bolted wide open all the time. This makes me believe why the gas milage is pretty bad, besides the clutch kit.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
with the power valves being "bolted open" you will lose most of your low end and midrange performance. They should be fixed/replaced and put back into service. You should notice quite a big performance improvement on the bottom end and midrange of your snowmobile.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
It will be much quicker corner to corner with the valves working.
This should be fixed before you modify anything esle.
You would be disappointed in the performance of your mods if your motor is not running as it should in stock form.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts