Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 storm ordered from the factory with reverse and 25/40 hyvo gears, got this sled last year just pulled the chaincase apart, interested in opinions on clutching and wondering if I should change or keep gearing the same, also is this a rare sled? Anyone else have a storm with factory reverse and hyvo chain and gears, I think it may be one of a kind

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Just curious how you know it was ordered that way? Original owner? If so cool. Wasn't it a transition time? They could have used what they had in the build.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it was ordered custom because it has a little plaque on the dash with original owners name and you can tell this sled has never been apart, everything on it that I've fixed has been original so far, also only 3900 miles and yes 98 was the last year of the storm and first year of the hyvo gears so yeah it was a transition period

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Sounds like a pretty cool sled. Nice work keeping the old iron alive. I kick myself, as I knew I would, for selling my '99 XC. Post some pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the old iron, love triples, dont ever want to sell this sled, when I got it I paid 550$ and it looked like it had sat outside uncovered since the last time it was registered which would've been by the original owner in 2014 in nh (bought it in northern ME in 2019), the guy had no idea what he had or how to fix it, he had it on his parents farm and said he barely rode it and had been sitting a while, wish I had asked more questions about how he got it but I was just so stoked about it I didnt want to let him see and realize it was worth more, didnt want him to feel bad🤣 primary clutch spring was rusted and broke in half, replaced that and the belt and it was insanely reliable last year, couldn't believe it, on top of that I'm pretty the thing will do 120 on radar, buries the speedo and you can feel it still gaining

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post pics soon, can you tag people on here? I'm new to forums, always read them never joined, want to talk the guys on the storm gearing thread, yellowstorm800, pastorm, madcow, battlestorm, 128mphstorm where you boys at I need info haha

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
You can private message and thank but no tags really. Good luck with the whip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts