Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 98 Ultra 680 and was wondering what exhaust options are out there that are fairly cheap. I don't have a lot of room in my budget at the moment and was looking for a decent sounding system that was cost effective and increasing performance isn't a big deal as I'd like to get used to how the sled rides before I go too far into squeezing out more performance.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I liked the stock exhaust. yes triple pipes wake them up but in stock form with clutching and gearing they can be a very nice trail machine and quiet.

if I had to put triple pipes on one I would find some ultra spx and 600 xcr sp pipes and fit them to that chassis. wont make the peak hp of the aftermarket pipes but will be a better day to day pipe.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought New DG canisters for all of my Ultra's from E Bay.Doesnt help in the performance department BUT the sound is awesome.E Bay had lots of new ones for cheap... DynoPort has some but they are pricey..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would the triple pipes off of a 94 xlt 600 mount the same on my ultra, I know that they are both wedge style machines so fitting under the hood shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Where u from bud?...

I've got a set of Low RPM SLP triple pipes I can part with... Pipes (all 3 wrapped in header tape), canister, flanges & clutch weights. $150 obo... U pay shipping.

ultra pipes.jpg

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
giani's cxr setup is a very nice looking setup!

I know a lot of people don't like the low rpm pipes because they don't have the peak hp that the other pipes do but I think they are a lot more trail friendly pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts